This is the shield you need to get Wi-Fi connectivity to your Arduino-based project! This shield provides 802.11b connectivity and is a direct drop-on plug-and-play solution to your Arduino Mega 1280/2560!
- 802.11b Wi-Fi certified
- 1Mbps and 2Mbps throughput speeds
- Supports both infrastructure (BSS) and ad hoc (IBSS) wireless networks
- Ability to create secured and unsecured networks
- WEP (64-bit and 128-bit)
- WPA/WPA2 (TKIP and AES) PSK
- Low power usage
- Sleep mode: 250μA
- Transmit: 230mA
- Receive: 85mA
- Cuhead Mega has charging and discharging function, the charging circuit is used to tell voltage of the battery.
- We can connect the positive and negtive of the battery to BAT, if the battery is full, then Cuhead Mega wont charge battery; if it is not, the external battery will be charged.
- We bring comparator to check the operating current of Cuhead Mega so you know it is Arduino giving power to Cuhead Mega or the opposite way, and change the charging circuit to connect/disconnect based on that.
- When Cuhead Mega connect Arduino, there are two working status：
- Connect Arduino with USB/Adaptor , Arduino gives power to Cuhead Mega, the charging circuit on Cuhead Mega will disconnect；
- No external power for Arduino, then the charging circuit of Cuhead Mega is working, and the battery will power the boards. Normally we give power to Arduino directly, thus the charging circuit is inactive.
- The new added potentiometer is to adjust the voltage to any value needed (by adjust AMS1117 Vin to 5.6V~6.0V).
- It is hard to do so by fixed resistance. The default voltage of Cuhead Mega has been set in the right voltage，normally you don't have to adjust it.
Wi-Fi Transceiver Module Features:
- IEEE Std. 802.11-compliant RF Transceiver
- Serialized unique MAC address
- Data Rate: 1 and 2 Mbps
- IEEE Std. 802.11b/g/n compatible
- Small size: 21mm x 31mm 36-pin Surface Mount Module
- Integrated PCB antenna (MRF24WB0MA)
- Range: up to 400m (1300 ft.)
- Single operating voltage: 2.7V–3.6V (3.3V typical)
- Simple, four-wire SPI interface with interrupt
- Low-current consumption:
- RX mode – 85 mA (typical)
- TX mode – 154 mA (+10 dBm typic
- Sleep – 250 µA (typical)
- Hibernate – <0.1 µA (typical)
Wi-Fi Transceiver Module RF/Analog Features:
- ISM Band 2.400–2.484 GHz operation
- 14 Channels selectable individually or domain-restricted
- DSSS Modulation
- Data Rate – 1000 kbps
- -91 dBm Typical sensitivity at 1 Mbps
- +10 dBm Typical output power with control
- Integrated low phase noise VCO, RF frequency synthesizer, PLL loop filter and PA
- Digital VCO and filter calibration
- Integrated RSSI ADC and I/Q DACs, RSSI readings available to host
- Balanced receiver and transmitter characteristics for low power consumption
Cuhead Mega MAC/Baseband Features:
- Hardware CSMA/CA acce ss control, automatic ACK, and FCS creation and checking
- Automatic MAC packet retransmit
- Hardware Security Engine for AES and RC4-based ciphers
- Supports 802.1x, 802.1i
- Security: WEP, WPA-PSK, and WPA-2-PSK
- 1 x CuHead WiFi Shield for Arduino Mega